- About Us
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Polygraph Validity Research
- Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA)
- Polygraph Links
- Voice Stress - Review
- APA Anti-trust Statement
- A physiology manual for PDD lifelong learners of the science
- Principles of Applied Psychophysiological Detection of Deception
- Federal Examiner Handbook
- Meta-Analytic Survey of Criterion Accuracy of Validated Polygraph Techniques
- APA School Accreditation Manual and forms
- Polygraph citation list 1972-2013
- State Licensing Boards
- Contact Us
The American Polygraph Association does not prescreen the biographies of its members.
Biography and Additional Professional Information
William E. Barrett has over 25 years of investigative experience. He is certified as a police officer and municipal police instructor in the state of Pennsylvania. He has attended over 3,500 hours of advanced specialized training and receives annual update training/continuing education.
He has a Master of Arts in Social Science/Criminal Justice from the California University of Pennsylvania and a Bachelor of Science in Law Enforcement/Criminal Justice from Point Park University. He completed polygraph training at the Maryland Institute of Criminal Justice (Baltimore Maryland), the Academy for Scientific Investigate Training (Philadelphia Pennsylvania) and the American International Institute of Polygraph (Atlanta Georgia). Mr. Barrett maintains the Advanced & Specialized Training Certificate offered by the APA and is also certified by the AAPP as a Forensic Law Enforcement Polygraph Examiner.
Mr. Barrett has conducted tests for Professional Sports organizations/players and national television shows affiliated with NBC.
Mr. Barrett has conducted over 3,000 polygraph tests covering virtually all issues from theft and domestics to child abuse and homicide.
Assured Polygraph Services Inc.
3242 Babcock Blvd.Pittsburgh, PA 15237
Phone: 412-492-998040° 31' 40.2384" N, 80° 1' 3.4644" W