- About Us
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Polygraph Validity Research
- Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA)
- Polygraph Links
- Voice Stress - Review
- APA Anti-trust Statement
- A physiology manual for PDD lifelong learners of the science
- Principles of Applied Psychophysiological Detection of Deception
- Federal Examiner Handbook
- Meta-Analytic Survey of Criterion Accuracy of Validated Polygraph Techniques
- APA School Accreditation Manual and forms
- Polygraph citation list 1972-2013
- State Licensing Boards
- Contact Us
John J Palmatier, PhD
The American Polygraph Association does not prescreen the biographies of its members.
Biography and Additional Professional Information
Dr. John J. Palmatier is a retired Detective Sergeant from the Michigan State Police, who received his Ph.D. from Michigan State University, College of Social Sciences, with cognates in Developmental/Experimental Psychology and Criminal Justice.
In 2008, while continuing to conduct field examinations on a day-to-day basis, Dr. Palmatier changed his focus concentrating on advances and new discoveries in the Cognitive Neurosciences. The goal is to understand in a substantive manner, and to be able to explain to others, including scientists naive to the use of the polygraph, the underlying forces at play when assessing credibility in both field and laboratory contexts. Dr. Palmatier also teaches in the National Security Affairs graduate program in the School of Health and Social Sciences at Nova Southeastern University.
Since 1983, he has been an active Polygraph Examiner/Credibility Consultant, conducting examinations around the world. In 1991 Dr. Palmatier became the first American Police Officer to be asked by the Chinese Government to teach polygraph science in the PR China, which he continues to do. More information is available at: www.polygraphexperts.com
Slattery Associates Inc
8600 NW 53 Terrace, Suite 121Miami, FL 33166
Phone: 305-592-791725° 49' 15.9168" N, 80° 20' 12.822" W