- About Us
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Polygraph Validity Research
- Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA)
- Polygraph Links
- Voice Stress - Review
- APA Anti-trust Statement
- A physiology manual for PDD lifelong learners of the science
- Principles of Applied Psychophysiological Detection of Deception
- Federal Examiner Handbook
- Meta-Analytic Survey of Criterion Accuracy of Validated Polygraph Techniques
- APA School Accreditation Manual and forms
- Polygraph citation list 1972-2013
- State Licensing Boards
- Contact Us
The American Polygraph Association does not prescreen the biographies of its members.
Biography and Additional Professional Information
Gerald Watson was born in South Africa in 1957. He is married with two adult children.
He served in the South African Intelligence community from 1977 to 1997 where he specialized in counter-intelligence, counter-espionage, intelligence collection and security-related investigations.
He performed active military duty during the Namibian/ Angolan conflict and later served for six years at the South African Consulate in New York and the South African Embassy in London.
During his career he completed over thirty formal departmental courses in various aspects of security, investigations, intelligence and personnel management.
He resigned from government service in 1997, on the level of a Director (Brigadier).
He qualified as a polygraphist at the American (Argenbright) International Institute of Polygraph in Atlanta, Georgia in November 1997 and established a polygraph company, The Polygraph Professionals cc in South Africa.
The Polygraph Professionals quickly established itself as one of the most respected polygraph companies in the industry and still services many prestigious clients in the private and public sector, not only in South Africa but also in a number of neighbouring states.
In 2005, The Polygraph Professionals relocated to the provincial city of Polokwane in the Limpopo province of South Africa.
Gerald holds the following academic qualifications;
- a Masters degree (MTech) in Security Management
(Dissertation focussed on polygraphy in Limpopo province, South Africa)
- an Honours degree in Criminology
- a Bachelor degree in Police Science
- a Bachelor degree in Criminology & African Politics
He is currently registered for a Doctorate in Criminology.
(His thesis will focus on polygraphy in South Africa)
He is a member of the following institutions and associations:
- Criminological Society of Southern Africa since 1987
- Security Association of South Africa since 1995
- Policing Association of Southern Africa since 1995
- South African Institute of Security since 1997
- American Polygraph Association since 1997
- Private Security Industry Regulatory Authority since 2006
- Close Protection Association of South Africa since 2007
Sports and hobbies:
Karate - Black belt - 2nd Dan Shotokan
Scuba diving - Master diver (NAUI & PADI)
Combat pistol shooting - Advanced level (NRA/ NaFTA)
The Polygraph Professionals, South Africa
www.polygraphy.co.za email@example.comPolokwane, South Africa