- About Us
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Polygraph Validity Research
- Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA)
- Polygraph Links
- Voice Stress - Review
- APA Anti-trust Statement
- A physiology manual for PDD lifelong learners of the science
- Principles of Applied Psychophysiological Detection of Deception
- Federal Examiner Handbook
- Meta-Analytic Survey of Criterion Accuracy of Validated Polygraph Techniques
- APA School Accreditation Manual and forms
- Polygraph citation list 1972-2013
- State Licensing Boards
- Contact Us
Click the image to view it full-size
POLYGRAPH is a quarterly journal featuring articles on the detection of deception, forensic psychophysiology, techniques, history, psychology, physiology, instrumentation, legislation, legal notes, training and articles summarizing recent cases. Abstracts, bibliographies and book reviews are featured. Back issues are available upon request. Annual Subscription: $80.00 (U.S.) and ($100.00 (foreign)
Electronic Copies of Polygraph Available
All back issues of Polygraph since 1972 have been scanned, put into PDF format, and are available on four CDs from the National Office. APA members can purchase the entire set for $75, and non-members will pay $250. Orders can be sent to
APA National Office
Attn: Lisa Jacocks
951 Eastgate Loop, Suite 800
Chattanooga, TN 37411-5608.
Polygraph Journal Back Issues
Polygraph, Volume 27, No. 2, 1998
- Managing Sex Offenders in the Community With the Assistance of Polygraph Testing, George H. Baranowski
- A Guide to Department of Defense Polygraph Institute Research Interests, Andrew B. Dollins
- Format Structure of Vowels Spoken During Attempted Deception, Dan A. Pollina, Douglas A. Vakoch, Lee H. Wurm
- The Zone Comparison Test, Norman Ansley
- Truth or Just Bias, The Treatment of the Psychophysiological Detection of Deception in Introductory Psychology Textbooks, Mary K. Devitt, Charles R. Honts, and Lynelle Vondergeest
- Book Review
Polygraph, Volume 27, No. 1, 1998
- Editorial, Donald Krapohl
- United States v. Scheffer: A Review of the Opinion of the U.S. Supreme Court, Gordon L. Vaughan, Esq.
- Effectiveness of Detection of Deception Examinations Using the Computer Voice Stress Analyzer, Michael J. Janniro, Ph.D., & Victor L. Cestaro, Ph.D.
- The Validity of the Modified General Question Test (MGQT), Norman Ansley
- Polygraph Validity with Urinalysis Results as Ground Truth, Paul L. Mason
- Psychophysiological Detection of Deception Considerations in Background Investigations, Joseph E. Phipps
- An Analysis of the Psychodynamics of the Directed Lie Control Question in the Control Question Technique, James Allan Matte, Ph.D.
- Psychophysiological Detection of Deception Accuracy Rates Obtained Using the Test for Espionage and Sabatoge, Department of Defense Polygraph Institute Research Division Staff
Polygraph, Volume 26, No. 4, 1997
- The Validity and Reliability of Polygraph Testing
- The Department of Defense Polygraph Program for FY-96
- Fear of Consequences and Motivation as Influencing Factors on Psychophysiological Detection of Deception - Tuvya T. Amsel
- Circleville Municipal Court Polygraph Policy and Procedures - Rob Reeser
- Chinese Torture of Tibetans, Was it True? - William B. Anderson
Polygraph, Volume 26, No. 3, 1997
- Special Issue: United States of America, Petitioner vs. Edward G. Scheffer United States v. Scheffer: The United States Supreme Court Considers Admissibility of Polygraph Evidence, Gordon L. Vaughan, Esq.
- United States of America, Petitioner v. Edward G. Scheffer, Brief of Petitioner United States of America, Petitioner v. Edward G. Scheffer, Brief for the Respondent United States of America, Petitioner v. Edward G. Scheffer, Reply Brief of Petitioner Brief for Amicus Curiae,\
- American Polygraph Association in Support of Respondent
Polygraph, Volume 26, No. 2, 1997
- A Comparison of Signals Measured from Occlusive Arm and Finger Cuffs, Victor L. Cestaro, Ph.D. and Andrew B. Dollins, Ph.D.
- A Comparison of Psychophysiological Detection of Deception Accuracy Rates Obtained Using the Counterintelligence Scope Polygraph and the Test for Espionage and Sabotage Questions Formats, Department of Defense Polygraph Institute Research Division
- Staff Applications of Polygraph to the Psychopathic Personality, Debra A. Krsnich
- When the State Court Rules Conflict with the APA, Albert L. Thompson
- History of Polygraph in Croatia, Romeo Vrecko, B.A.
Polygraph, Volume 26, No. 1, 1977
- Research in Electrodermal Biofeedback with Stimulus Tests, Gordon H. Barland, Ph.D.
- Collaborative Polygraphy: A Therapeutic Model, Richard N. Mack and Michael C. Gougler
- Legal Note: Warrants and Polygraph Examinations, Donald A. Weinstein
- Relevant-Irrelevant Screening Test Supported in Colorado Court Case: Law v. City of Colorado Springs, et al. (1996)
- Employment Information Release Agreements, Daniel L. Schofield, S.J.D.
- Book Reviews
Polygraph, Volume 25, No. 4, 1996: 100th Issue
- Victims and Polygraph Examinations, Wilbur L. Hardy and Vickie T. Murphy
- The Numbers Test, Richard Widup and Gordon H. Barland, Ph.D.
- Statement Analysis: What Do Suspects' Words Really Reveal? Susan H. Adams, M.A.
- The Use of Polygraph Examinations for Victims of Sex Crimes in Maryland, 1993-1996, Vickie T. Murphy
- The Stimulus Test - An Annotated Bibliography, Norman Ansley
Polygraph, Volume 25, No. 3, 1996
- Sexual Behavior and Security Risk: Background Information for Security Personnel, Richards J. Heuer, Jr.
- Subculture Report: Effects of Examiner's and Examinee's Race on Psycho- Physiological Detection of Deception Outcome Accuracy, Sheila D. Reed, Ph.D.
- Coming to Terms with Terms: Control Questions, Don Krapohl
- Research and the Reid Control Question Test: A Bibliography, Norman Ansley
Polygraph, Volume 25, No.2, 1996
- A Test of the Computer Voice Stress Analyzer (CVSA) Theory of Operation, Victor L. Cestaro ,Ph.D.
- A Comparison Between Decision Accuracy Rates Obtained Using the Polygraph Instrument and the Computer Voice Stress Analyzer (CVSA) in the Absence of Jeopardy, Victor L. Cestaro, Ph.D.
- IACP Establishes a Model Policy on Polygraph Polygraph: Issues and Answers
- I Want a Lawyer....Now! When Does an Interrogation Have to Stop? Donald A. Weinstein
- Habituation and Polygraph Testing
- A Bibliography The Control Question Technique in vocational Search - Correction, Eitan Elaad and Ilana Elaad
- Historical Note: Polygraph Reserach Study of Fear in a Field Situation, John G. Linehan Author
Polygraph, Volume 25, No. 1, 1996
- Control Question Tests by Police and Laboratory Polygraph Operators on a Mock Crime and Real Events, M.T. Bradley, M.E. Cullen, and S.B. Carle
- An Analysis of Voice Responses for the Detection of Deception, Victor L. Cestaro, Ph.D. and Andrew B. Dollins, Ph.D.
- A Taxonomy of Polygraph Countermeasures, Donald J. Krapohl
- The Control Question Technique in Vocational Search, Eitan Elaad and Ilana Elaad
- Polygraph Testing Procedure in Malaysia, Lee Ewe Kiang
- A Bibliograph of the Polygraph Works of Akihiro Suzuki
- Stehney v. Perry, 1995 WL 688283 Fed Supp (D. N.J.)
Polygraph, Volume 24, No. 4, 1995
- Interrogation, Warren D. Holmes
- The Use of Polygraph with Children, Steven R. Adang
- Simulations and Polygraph Research, Norman Ansley
- Do you Swear That You Will Well and Truly Try...? Barbara Holland
- False Memory Syndrome vs. Total Repression: Only Polygraphy Can Know, Stan Abrams, Ph.D., and Jared Abrams, M.A.
Polygraph, Volume 24, No. 3, 1995
- The Current Status of Research in Forensic Psychophysiology and Its Application in the Psychophysiological Detection of Deception, William J. Yankee, Ph.D.
- Drug Use and Abuse: Background Information for Security Personnel, Richard J. Heuer, Jr.
- The GQT Polygraph Test: Scoring and Validity, Michael J. Crowe, Michael Chimarys & John Schwartz
Polygraph, Volume 24, No.2, 1995
- A National Survey of Practices, Policies and Evaluative Comments on the Use of Pre-Employment Polygraph Screening in Police Agencies in the United States, Robert Meesig, M.S. and Frank Horvath, Ph.D.
Polygraph, Volume 24, No.1, 1995
- Cognitive Arousal as a Means of Evaluation, M.H. Capps, B.L. Knill, R.K. Evans, & G.J. Johnson
- The Art of Interrogating Rapists, William F. Merrill
- Department of Defense Polygraph Program Report to Congress for Fiscal Year 1994
- Child Sexual Abuse Investigations, Brian C. Jayne
- The American Polygraph Association Research Center in the Detection of Deception, Frank Horvath, Ph.D.
- Historical Note: The ISDD, An APA Predecessor Abstract: The Heart Rate Response as an Index of the Lid Detector Test, Watanabe & Kajitani